Sign up for our
Podcast and Blog
073 TOM MABE, COMEDY AND YOUTUBE (podcast)
Tom Mabe talks about his evolution from jingle writer to prankster, comedian to Youtube master. Tom has covered a lot of ground in a short amount of time. The key? Drive. Relentless drive.
We talk about:
- First realizing you can tell the same joke twice
- Hustling the road just to get stage time
- How hard it is to overcome a bad first impression
- Developing thick skin
- Having a following before you have an act
- The ups and downs of YouTube income
- Creating multiple revenue streams
- The one prank that really paid off
- The long ride home after bombing
- Corporate gigs and distractions
- When an emcee reveals your entire show before you hit stage
- My key for free breakfast on the road (in the old days)
- Partnering with other YouTube producers
and much, much more!
Check out Tom Mabe YouTube and …
Check out our YouTube channel while your at it 🙂
You can contact us anytime in regards to these announcements at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Guest Blog Posts
If you are blogging about your comedy journey or have written articles about your experience we’d love to share them. Send a link to the post and any other info you would like us to know and I’ll consider posting it and promoting from our site.
- Sponsor An Episode
Do you have something you’ like to promote? A new CD, big show, or your very own podcast? Contact us for sponsorship options. You can promote on one or multiple episodes.
- Fix a Joke
We want to help as many comics as possible. If you have a short joke (100 words or less) that you would like some feedback on please send it in! You can email the joke written out or send us an audio clip, or even a link to a YouTube video. We will get it on the show and get feedback for you, give out your web site and / or twitter handle to help you get your name out there. Our show is PG so please take that into consideration when selecting a joke.
Better yet, subscribe to the bi-monthly School of Laughs “Insider Tips” email and get exclusive information delivered right to your inbox. It’s fast, free useful and fun. Email: SchoolOfLaughs@gmail.com and put “insider tip sheet” in the subject header. I’ll make sure you get the official tip sheet and I promise to keep your email anonymous and spam free.
@SCHOOLOFLAUGHS on Twitter