Sign up for our
Podcast and Blog
091 MAIL BAG & FIX-A-JOKE BONANZA (podcast)
This episode is all about YOU. That’s right. I opened the mail bag and found a bunch of great questions and some jokes that … well, you wanted fixed.
Join me as we answer the following questions …
- Do you have any tips on writing every day? Specifically, is there a place or web site for submitting jokes?
- When do I know I am ready to try my first open mic? And how much time will I need to have?
- How many times should you try out a joke before you scrap it? Or should you never scrap it and keep trying it again and again?
- Do you have any tips for performing for older and more conservative audiences?
- What happens when you do a joke that normally works and you get no response at all from the audience?
In the fix-a- joke section, I tackle jokes submitted on the topics of …
- Airport layovers
- Underachieving kids
- Chinese babies
- and jobs you hate
I talk about Jerry Seinfeld‘s method for staying focussed on writing and share some other tips and insights for new comedians as well.
This episode is SPONSORED by … www.thecrochetcomedian.com. Enter coupon code, “SchoolOfLaughs” around checkout page to get ten percent off entire order!
Chelle Baxter is The Crochet Comedian! Check out her great work and buy a gift for that special someone today!
If you have beginning comedy questions that need answered just send them in! Email them to SchoolOfLaughs@gmail.com. I will answer them on the podcast or in a blog post.
If you enjoyed this episode, you may also like this “after school special” …
And frequently asked questions are tackled on our YouTube channel: