Sign up for our
Podcast and Blog
BE OPEN TO OPPORTUNITY W/ KERRI POMAROLLI [EP. 125]
Kerri Pomarolli has a diverse background in comedy. With experience in Sketch, TV, Stand-UP and Speaking, she stays open to opportunities in a variety of areas of show business. After moving to L.A. in her early twenties, she soon started to find work in all kinds of areas. Now a mother of two, she continues to bring the laughs and shows no signs of slowing down.
Specifically we talk about:
- Learning improv and sketch with the Groundlings and Second City
- Appearing in over 25 sketches on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno
- Being married to a comedian
- Having her babies on stage (with her) sometimes
- Working with people ahead of where you are to get better
- The benefits of groups like CCA and NSA
- Why you should always be nice to the folks in hair and makeup
- Taking classes from Judy Carter
- How feedback from a manager at the Improv helped fuel her drive
- Advice for beginning comedians
Follow Kerri Pomarolli!
You can find out a lot more about Kerri Pomarolli on her website: http://www.kerripom.com.
"Club 52" is a 52 week, email based stand-up program. It will include a weekly challenge designed to help you become a better comedian. This year long program will feature an email every Friday from me. I will ask you to take a serious look at some of your business practices, writing processes, performance techniques, branding, marketing and a whole lot more.
The program starts the week you join and continues for 52 weeks as long as you are still supporting the podcast through Patreon at the $7 a month level.