Sign up for our
Podcast and Blog
NEW COMEDIAN QUESTIONS (EP. 103)
This episode is brought to you by Patreon sponsor Greg Smrdel.
Aspiring comedians huddle up after a stand-up comedy writing class to ask a variety of questions about pursuing stand-up. From writing and performing to horrible road gigs – we cover a lot of ground!
- Is there a line that you cannot cross in comedy?
- What was my worst heckling situation?
- When writing jokes with other comics, how do you decide who gets to keep the joke?
- What is the worst experience I’ve had on the road?
- Is it hard to do all the traveling and still maintain a solid family life?
- After 25 years working in comedy, who are some of my favorite comics to work with? And why?
- What can I do if there are no comedy clubs or open mics near me?
I talk openly about a few “I’m over this” moments where I could have lost a club booking for standing up for myself. (Would you ask for a new hotel if you looked out your window and saw two guys with guns sitting on the hood of your car?) We also cover the time an entire arena was ready for comedy and … they weren’t getting it.
On the brighter side, I talk about some of the “comedy stars” I got to work with over the years and more fun stuff.
This podcast is a production of SchoolOfLaughs.com with support from listeners like Greg Smrdel through Patreon.