Sign up for our
Podcast and Blog
NICK ARNETTE DENVER, SEATTLE & L.A. [EP. 128]
Today I sit down with comedian and keynote speaker Nick Arnette. Nick has lived and performed comedy in Denver Seattle and L.A. I met Nick, however, this summer in Des Moines, IA while doing a Speakers Bureau Showcase. Nick had a great set and I wanted to make sure to follow up and get his story soon after the showcase. I am glad I did.
We covered a lot of ground including,
- Starting out in Denver and having to follow Roseanne in her heyday
- Being inspired by Tim Allen
- The talent level at the Denver Comedy Works
- Why headliners had a tough time at Wit’s End
- His move to Seattle and the reason behind it
- How tough it can be to break into acting in L.A.
- What role I was told I was good for in a tv show
- The advantage of having a “point” and a “program"
- Tough situations when performing corporate shows
- Nick’s books “Me, Wee & Glee”, and “The Book of Dude”
- Pro’s and Con’s of Self-Publishing vs A Deal
- His approach for getting his books out of his head and onto paper
- His "Cool People I Know Or Meet” video project
- How many movies I’ve seen in the past 20 years
- The dependence on smart phones
- My kid’s Youtube channel
- AAA TripTik’s, Trucker Atlases and Tribble runs
Find out more about Nick Arnette by visiting any of his online outposts: