Stand-Up Level Two: Performance
(Mondays) July 8, 15, 22 2019 from 6-8 PM
1101 Cherry Ave, Nashville, TN 37203
This is a (3) date class and the investment is $200 total
Simply email SchoolOfLaughs@gmail.com and put “READY FOR THE JULY PERFORMANCE CLASS – SEND ME THE DEETS” in the subject line. Include your cell phone number as well.
The Stand-Up Comedy Classes Level Two: Performing course is designed to get your ideas onstage. You will receive lots of pinpoint specific feedback on the material you present from myself and the other students.
In this class you will:
- Begin to develop a three-minute set
- Learn how to edit to get to the laughs quicker
- Experiment with voices and impressions
- Develop the emotion behind the joke
- Try act-outs and learn when best to use them
- Begin to develop the delicate art of timing
- Create a joke that gets a quick opening laugh
- Explore the space on stage in relation to your audience
- Utilize performance dynamics to turn your set into a “show”
- Learn how to time out your material
- Begin to look at material in a more “scientific” way
and a whole to more!
You have an opportunity to perform a different set of material each session. Or, you can take the feedback given in class and return the next week with a new and improved set. You will also help identify punch lines and tags for the other students.
Questions? Give me a call 615-293-3629.
“This class is exactly what I’ve have been needing. Before the classes I did ‘okay’ on stage. But I knew within myself I needed more training. I appreciate you giving back to the craft of being a comedian”. – LaMel Burt
As an added bonus, you will be invited to perform a graduation show at a local comedy club! That’s right! Invite your friends, warn your enemies and see your efforts result in a fun night of comedy for all.
You may still register and claim your spot by sending an email to SchoolOfLaughs@gmail.com and put ““READY FOR THE JULY PERFORMANCE CLASS – SEND ME THE DEETS” in the subject heading. I will save a seat for you and you can pay the class fee of $200 at the first class session.