Stand-Up Comedy Writing Classes are here!
This is a (3) date class and the investment is $99 total
Register now … Don’t be left out.
AUGUST 11, 18, 25 from 8:00-10:00 PM CST
About the Comedy Writing Class
The Stand-Up Comedy Classes Level One: Writing course is the foundation for beginners and intermediate comics. First time ever offered live via Zoom! Class led by stand-up comedian RIK ROBERTS. In this class you will learn:
- Over a dozen specific techniques used to trigger laughs
- How to turn “stories” into “stand-up”
- Where to get inspiration
- How to avoid “borrowing” material
- Why tapping into your past is your best bet for your comedic future
- How to identify and categorize material
- How to create a set that works best for your jokes
- What comedy club managers look for in new talent
- How to turn hecklers into a pile of ashes
- How to recover when your mind “goes blank” on stage
- The best jokes to kick start your set
- How to identify your “closer”
and a whole to more!
We will watch comics on Letterman and break down why they make certain choices. We write jokes and have an opportunity to share in class. We don’t get onstage, however (we save that for the Performance class in May). So it’s a pressure-free environment where you can speak up as much – or as little – as you like.
As an added bonus, this writing comedy class comes with a “Lifetime Warranty” based on available space. Once you’ve paid for the class, you can attend any and all following writing class sessions at no extra charge. So you can apply the knowledge as you progress through the ranks of comedy to make it a custom fit every time!
Held via the Zoom platform.
If you are ready to sign up and save one of the 15 spots simply click button below:
Not sure if you can make it? Need more info? You may “pre-register” and claim your spot by sending an email to SchoolOfLaughs@gmail.com and put ““READY FOR AUGUST ZOOM WRITING CLASS – SEND ME THE DEETS” in the subject heading. Or click the Register Now button above to claim your spot before they area ll gone!
Questions??? Call 615-293-3629 to learn more.