Today I am discussing comedy win-win opportunities with Chester Goad. I met Chester a few years ago at the BIG PODCAST conference with David Hooper. We’ve been in the loop ever since. During the past 18 months, we’ve spent many hours on coaching calls. Sometimes it is spent developing material, or creating a game plan. And always, trying to find win-win opportunities to develop his stage time and material.
Learn more and contact Chester Goad at https://www.chesterg.com.
COMEDY WIN-WIN OPPORTUNITIES WITH CHESTER GOAD SHOW NOTES
Specifically, we talk about:
- cutting your teeth on shows where patrons don’t expect to see a comedian
- providing value to a venue instead of asking for stage time
- writing about what you know
- connecting with the audience through local material
- networking in a real way with other comics
- the value of encouragement
- sometimes the payoff comes later than you expect
- Gutty’s Comedy Club
- The Clean Comedy Challenge
- What Chester knows about BIGFOOT
and much more.
NEVER MISS A PODCAST OR POST
Better yet, subscribe to the monthly School of Laughs “Insider Tips” email and get exclusive information delivered right to your inbox. It’s fast, free, useful, and fun.
Just email: SchoolOfLaughs@gmail.com and put “insider tip sheet” in the subject header. I’ll make sure you get the official tip sheet and I promise to keep your email anonymous and spam-free.