Sign up for our
Podcast and Blog
ADDING CHARACTERS TO A STAND-UP COMEDY SHOW [EP. 130]
After wrapping up the third writing class here in Nashville, several students hung around and fired off questions. They asked …
- How do you survive your first open mic night?
- What tips do you have on preparing for the first show?
- Should I run the jokes by my friends?
- How do I get to be on a speaker’s bureau showcase?
- How can I take characters from my video series and use them onstage?
- Will acting classes help me develop characters?
- Would Improv classes help with character development?
- How do you know if you’ve found your comedy point of view?
and a lot more.
“Club 52” is a 52 week, email based stand-up program. It will include a weekly challenge designed to help you become a better comedian. This year long program will feature an email every Friday from me. I will ask you to take a serious look at some of your business practices, writing processes, performance techniques, branding, marketing and a whole lot more.
The program starts the week you join and continues for 52 weeks as long as you are still supporting the podcast through Patreon at the $7 a month level.