Knowing how to approach different people based on their personality type can be a HUGE factor in whether you get your message across. Randy Miller of MOVE ON TODAY 2 specializes in identifying personality traits and how to interact with people based on them.
When it comes to being a comedian, this is a crucial skill. A knowledge of personality assessment, and how to implement it can definitely help your career. I specifically wanted Randy on the show to help us figure out how to deal with the people and personalities we interact with in comedy clubs, booking agencies and … other comedians!
Specifically, we talked about:
- How do you know what type someone is?
- Are there questions you can ask that give you insight?
- What types of personalities are MOST people?
- Can personality types overlap?
- Are hecklers a certain type?
- How much does knowing your own personality help?
- In the green room, how can you pick up on various types?
- Are there different ways to approach each type?
- Should you market towards similar types?
- Would opposite types still like your comedy?
- Would it be wise to book a line up for a show using all 4 primary types?
- Should we openly tell an audience what type we are with our opening jokes?
And much, much more!
Overall, the discussion focuses on how we can use this knowledge to our advantage as comedians. I benefited from one using one of Randy’s tips the very next day. This is great, great stuff!
You can connect with Randy by visiting http://www.moveontoday2.com. Find out more about what type you are and how people perceive you, as well as how you can connect better with others.
NEVER MISS ANOTHER PODCAST OR POST!
If you enjoy this PODCAST please subscribe in iTunes or STITCHER and leave a comment and ranking.
Better yet, subscribe to the bi-monthly School of Laughs “Insider Tips” email and get exclusive information delivered right to your inbox. It’s fast, free useful and fun. Email: SchoolOfLaughs@gmail.com and put “insider tip sheet” in the subject header. I’ll make sure you get the official tip sheet and I promise to keep your email anonymous and spam free.
@SCHOOLOFLAUGHS on Twitter