David Hooper joins us to day to share ways comedians might market themselves based on what he know from the music business. In 2013 David released his book, “Six-Figure Musician – How to Sell More Music, Get More People to Your Shows, and Make More Money in the Music Business”.
During our brainstorming session he reveals a lot of great actionable tips, including:
- How demographics play a role in product choice
- Being in the business of being YOURSELF
- The experience that can’t be replicated
- Long tail marketing … what is it?
- How to make money in Chunky, MS
- What you can learn from Lynard Skynard
- Colt Ford and his cult following
- The benefit of a physical product
- Innovative distribution of TONIGHTS show
- Market like Disney
- Monetizing the live experience
- Making email lists a priority
- Owning your masters
- How being topical can get you on the radio
- Tapping out before you reach your potential
- Being known for one bit you hate
- The reason Chris Stapleton is an overnight success
- My upcoming book “Anchors & Hooks”
- Including your fans in your journey on stage (and off)
And much, much more!
BE PART OF THE SHOW
You can contact us anytime in regards to these announcements at email@example.com .
- Guest Blog Posts
If you are blogging about your comedy journey or have written articles about your experience we’d love to share them. Send a link to the post and any other info you would like us to know and I’ll consider posting it and promoting from our site.
- Sponsor An Episode
Do you have something you’ like to promote? A new CD, big show, or your very own podcast? Contact us for sponsorship options. You can promote on one or multiple episodes.
- Fix a Joke
We want to help as many comics as possible. If you have a short joke (100 words or less) that you would like some feedback on please send it in! You can email the joke written out or send us an audio clip, or even a link to a YouTube video. We will get it on the show and get feedback for you, give out your web site and / or twitter handle to help you get your name out there. Our show is PG so please take that into consideration when selecting a joke.
Better yet, subscribe to the bi-monthly School of Laughs “Insider Tips” email and get exclusive information delivered right to your inbox. It’s fast, free useful and fun. Email: SchoolOfLaughs@gmail.com and put “insider tip sheet” in the subject header. I’ll make sure you get the official tip sheet and I promise to keep your email anonymous and spam free.
@SCHOOLOFLAUGHS on Twitter