Producer Gavin Miller gathered questions from a club full of aspiring comics just like yourself. When the dust settled we came up with a bunch of really specific tips to help you understand and grow your comedy career.
Below is a brief list of the topics developed just for you. Enjoy!
- The question you need to pose to everything you write.
- How to “float your jokes” when you aren’t on stage.
- How to use other characters to set up or deliver punch lines in your material.
- Shortcuts to finding your voice.
- Why putting yourself in the joke can open up more opportunities.
- Picking material when performing in a competition.
- Six keys to making your material connect with your audience.
- Show me the money! What are the average paychecks for club comics?
- Offstage moves that help you get behind the mic.
- The dangers of overstepping boundaries with bookers.
- The two kinds of club headliners.
- Why you shouldn’t let other people’s goals define YOUR success.
Better yet, subscribe to the monthly School of Laughs “Insider Tips” monthly email and get exclusive information delivered right to your inbox. It’s fast, free useful and fun. Email: SchoolOfLaughs@gmail.com and put “insider tip sheet” in the subject header. I’ll make sure you get the official tip sheet and I promise to keep your email anonymous and spam free.