In this episode, I cover about a half dozen of these pivotal moments.
Specifically, moments when you realize:
- A club “double booked” you and you lost the gig
- You have a better offer for a night you are already booked
- You seem to have gone as far as you can in the clubs
- You are gone more than you want, but still like to work
- You aren’t getting the money you think you deserve
- The road has flat out destroyed your health
- You’ve been at it so long you don’t have any other skills
In each case, I discuss what steps I took to stay the course. Some of the decisions were quick and painless. Others, I really had to spend some time to figure out. Through trial and error I found ways to navigate the obstacle and continue to be funny and live the dream.
And I realize these are just a few of the potentially tough decisions you might need to make. Please let me know some others that were not part of this episode. We all have a different journey and some are trickier than others. I would love to hear your “tough decisions”. Shoot me an email at SchoolOfLaughs@gmail.com. Let me know if it is okay to share on the air either with your name or anonymously.