In today’s episode, Jonnie W. & Brian Bates join me. We discuss how the comedy scene is bouncing back, the latest Bo Burnham special, and how changing one line in a joke can take it to newer and sometimes better places.
This episode is sponsored by Patreon supporter Jeremy Lee. If you would like to support the podcast please visit www.SchoolOfLaughs.com/Patreon.
Specifically, we talk about:
- Are the audiences masked, stressed, or back to normal
- The vaccinated and the unvaccinated are all attending
- How the Delta Variant is causing disruption
- Venues and artists requiring audience members to be vaccinated to attend
- Bo Burnham’s comedy special and how revealing it is (underwear alert)
- Our favorite parts of the special
- How technology has changed our cultural norm
- Why keeping new jokes conversational can lead to moments of discovery
- How a horrible audience can reveal your best material
- Are the first few minutes of your show super important or completely disposable?
- How Foxworthy and Leno treat their audiences
NEED COACHING FROM RIK?