CRISP AND CLEAN COMEDY COMPETITION
Welcome to the competition episode. This showcase of clean comedy was open to all comedians. Whether you are brand new, full-time, or fooling yourself. The clips range from stand-up, musical comedy to comedy without an audience delivered straight to the microphone. All clips submitted, as long as they were clean and clearly understandable, made it into the episode.
The clips are sixty seconds or less. After listening to the episode, you can participate in the voting!
Voting happens in three phases:
- The Crisp and Clean Comedy Competition episode will be posted on the School of Laughs YouTube channel and you can encourage your friends to listen and leave a comment on your behalf. Every comment with your clip title in it will go towards your overall tally. This will account for 1/3 of your total vote.
- Each clip will be judged on a scale of 1-10 by at least three judges. Their vote will weigh 1/3 as well.
- And the final 1/3 of the score will be done by the other listeners of the show. I’ll encourage our listeners to vote for their favorite clip from the episode by choosing an entry from the list below and emailing the name of the joke or the performer in the subject line to SchoolOfLaughs@gmail.com .
The 3 overall favorite submissions will get a replay on an upcoming episode. If possible, a brief interview with the comic behind the joke will be part of the show.
VOTING ENDS July 1st. Results to appear on a July episode of the podcast.
Also, the top 3 will receive:
- A one-hour roundtable coaching call with Rik and the other winners,
- A free SILVER Edition Comedy Writing Course,
- And a free one-year subscription to Club 52. Club 52 features a weekly email with comedy challenges as well as a quarterly Zoom hangout
All of these details are on the SchoofLlaughs.com show notes page for this episode.
- “Chicken Hormones” Sheila Day | Nashville, TN
- “Fat Baby” Dustin Crider | Atlanta, GA
- “Billy Bod” Patrick Miller | Oakland, California
- “Instagram” Damien Challen | Newcastle Australia
- “Losing My Mind” Theodore Schmelke | Mineola NY
- “Divorces vs Widows” Shell from Fort | Worth TX
- “Begging for Attention” J.B. Bowman | Nashville, TN
- “Random Thoughts with Gary Busey” Brian Kohatsu | Glendale, Arizona
- “More than A Hobby” Mark Johns | Austin, Texas
- “Not Hip or Cool” Dan Bublitz Jr | St. Paul, MN
- “String Theory II” Rick Reichman | Nashville, TN
- “Messy House” Suzanne Linfante | Laurence Harbor, NJ
- “This Guy’s Roof” Dave Pileggi | Atlanta, GA
- “Leave Early Dad” Trent Babb | Fresno, California
- “Teddy Bear” Matthew Clark Wyatt
- “The Holy Cow” Bryan Nye | Lebanon, TN
- “Unemployed Husband” Carmiya | Washington, D.C.
- “Personal Training is Bullying” Uncle Nath | Newcastle Australia
- “Solitary Swing Dancing” Wes Sholtes | Washington, DC
- “Looking for the Wrong Women” Patrick Andonie | New Orleans, LA
- “Zoom Calls” Tim Ketchersid | Dallas, TX
- “The Tornado” Craig Slezak | Altamonte Springs, FL
- “Tiger King” Sean Hughes | Nashville, TN
Vote for your favorite clip from the episode by choosing an entry from the list above! E-mail the name of the joke or the performer in the subject line to SchoolOfLaughs@gmail.com .