Marty Simpson joins us today to talks about hard lessons learned in stand-up comedy. From getting his first stage time at five hour talent show, to auditioning for Last Comic Standing … it’s all here. He also shares with us insight into his weekly online open mic “Punchlines in Pajamas”. Info below:
Join us for an online open mic night! Yes – you can do time or just sit back and watch/listen. It will be a blast and is really easy to be part of the fun. Just click here and follow the three simple steps to signing up:
MARTY SIMPSON Show Notes
We talk about a variety of things including:
- Playing for the South Carolina Gamecocks
- Coaching at a private school
- First time onstage emceeing a 5 hour talent show
- Harsh realties of Last Comic Standing
- Networking with comics by helping them
- Influences including Horace H. B. Sanders and Mike Goodwin
- Why it takes awhile to know Marty Simpson
- The incredible value of other comedians insight
- How to take suggestions and turn them into applause breaks
- Punchlines in Pajamas – an online open mic
And a whole lot more!
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT MARTY SIMPSON
Web SIte: https://www.martysimpson.com
Keys / Kids joke … start at the 5:28 mark
Club 52 is a one-year program designed to challenge you to get bigger, better and more bookable. You will be prompted to examine your material, performance and business practices via email each week.
You will define your stage persona, style and point of view. You will learn how to create expectations through your marketing, branding and introductions. From nailing your elevator pitch, to refining your value proposition, you will learn how to make it easier for bookers to hire you.
Meet comics from around the country during a quarterly online “hangout”. As a group, we tackle our top struggles and how to approach overcoming them. Think of it as your personal monthly mastermind group. Over the course of the year you will learn how to get more gigs, and leverage every opportunity that comes your way.