Sign up for our
Podcast and Blog
041 PRODUCING YOUR OWN SHOWS – PAULINA COMBOW (podcast)
Former student Paulina Combow stops by the studios to inspire and inform us of her progress.
Paulina attended college in a small town in Western, KY where she learned Mass Communications. After graduating, she felt a “comedy internal clock” ticking and decided to berth that comedy baby. She started in the Fall of 2011 and hasn’t stopped since.
Paulina is a force of nature. Not only does she co-host a morning radio program and puts on three separate independent comedy shows a month, she also finds time to travel to do a few gigs on the road and appear at LaughsFest.
In this episode we talk specifically about:
- One thing she took away from the writing class that put things in perspective for her
- The differences between her open mics at bars and one at the bookstore on Vanderbilt University campus
- Her philosophy on the clean vs dirty debate
- Her list of her “demands” for any venue if they want her to start a comedy show
- The few benefits (and challenges) of being a female comic
- Using her credentials as a radio personality to network, gaining access to venues and entertainers
- Her experience doing a showcase at LaughFest in Grand Rapids, MI
and much, much more!
To find out more about Paulina, visit any and all of the links below!
- Web Site: www.PaulinaCombow.com
- Twitter: @PaulinaGC
- Podcast episodes of her morning show on ITunes: Indie Bohemians Morning Show
Never miss a podcast or post. Subscribe to the Insider Tip Newsletter by emailing SchoolOfLaughs@gmail.com. Put “Insider Tip Sheet” in the heading to receive a bi-monthly email full of comedy news stories, links to posts, podcasts and more!