Sign up for our
Podcast and Blog
053 WEB SITE TIPS FOR COMEDIANS (podcast)
Your website is the only online presence you totally control. As Michael Hyatt describes so accurately, it is your EMBASSY. Everything else, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc., are outposts you should be using to drive people to your site. Are you?
And when they arrive to your site … are you doing all you can to keep them there?
In this episode we dive into web site tips for comedians (or any entertainer).
Specifically, we talk about:
- What to do if your name is hard to spell or remember
- Why using .com if at all possible is best
- What should be on your home page
- Why your face needs to be the first thing people see
- Where to put your first video
- Why its best to letter others describe you
- How to position yourself with social proof
- Why updating regularly is so important
- Specific CTA’s (Call To Actions) you should use
- Why an email opt-in is important
- How to get people to sign up for your list
- Contact forms vs your phone number or email
- Why you may NOT want to list your performing schedule
- How you can encourage people to attend a live show
- Making resources easy to download
- And … the number one thing your website needs to do to be recognized by favorably by Google!
And much, much, more!
In fact, I am using every one of these tips on my site www.RikRoberts.com to help me get booked and increase visitors to my site. A few of these items are on the TO DO list for www.SchoolOfLaughs.com as we speak. One thing a a time…
We just scratched the surface in this episode. What did we miss? What are your web site tips for comedians? Let us know. We will share them with our listeners.
ALSO A FEW IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS
You can contact us anytime in regards to these announcements at mailto:SchoolOfLaughs@gmail.com
- Guest Blog Posts
If you are blogging about your comedy journey or have written articles about your experience we’d love to share them. Send a link to the post and any other info you would like us to know and I’ll consider posting it and promoting from our site.
- Sponsor An Episode
Do you have something you’ like to promote? A new CD, big show, or your very own podcast? Contact us for sponsorship options. You can promote on one or multiple episodes.
- New Show Theme
Skip to the end of the podcast and let us know which show theme music you would like stuck in your ears the next 52 episodes!
- Fix a Joke
In the new year (which starts for us on July 4) we want to help as many comics as possible. If you have a short joke (100 words or less) that you would like some feedback on please send it in! You can email the joke written out or send us an audio clip, or even a link to a YouTube video. We will get it on the show and get feedback for you, give out your web site and / or twitter handle to help you get your name out there. Our show is PG so please take that into consideration when selecting a joke.
Better yet, subscribe to the bi-monthly School of Laughs “Insider Tips” email and get exclusive information delivered right to your inbox. It’s fast, free useful and fun. Email: SchoolOfLaughs@gmail.com and put “insider tip sheet” in the subject header. I’ll make sure you get the official tip sheet and I promise to keep your email anonymous and spam free.
@SCHOOLOFLAUGHS on Twitter