Are you planning on shooting a DVD of your show any time soon? Wonder what steps you’ll need to take to make it happen? How much to budget? Where to have it shot?
This episode is an inside look into that process. Comedian Jonnie W. is gearing up for a taping on November 14th in Nashville, TN. We talk about all the thoughts and strategies that go into not only producing a show, but recording it for release.
We talk about:
- Why even record a DVD in this world of downloadable digital?
- How he has gone about working out the material
- What he looked for in a venue
- Where he plans on selling the final product
- How he selected an opening act
- Who helped him get his first video project together
- Why employing people you are comfortable with helps
- Why a deadline is a must for a successful timetable
- The ins and outs of CROWDFUNDING
- Unique way to sell out the first show
- Audio considerations
- WHAT Potential obstacles lie ahead
- Troubleshooting between shows
And much, much more.
If you liked this podcast you may also like:
You can contact us anytime in regards to these announcements at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Guest Blog Posts
If you are blogging about your comedy journey or have written articles about your experience we’d love to share them. Send a link to the post and any other info you would like us to know and I’ll consider posting it and promoting from our site.
- Sponsor An Episode
Do you have something you’ like to promote? A new CD, big show, or your very own podcast? Contact us for sponsorship options. You can promote on one or multiple episodes.
- Fix a Joke
We want to help as many comics as possible. If you have a short joke (100 words or less) that you would like some feedback on please send it in! You can email the joke written out or send us an audio clip, or even a link to a YouTube video. We will get it on the show and get feedback for you, give out your web site and / or twitter handle to help you get your name out there. Our show is PG so please take that into consideration when selecting a joke.
Better yet, subscribe to the bi-monthly School of Laughs “Insider Tips” email and get exclusive information delivered right to your inbox. It’s fast, free useful and fun. Email: SchoolOfLaughs@gmail.com and put “insider tip sheet” in the subject header. I’ll make sure you get the official tip sheet and I promise to keep your email anonymous and spam free.
@SCHOOLOFLAUGHS on Twitter