On this episode we are talking college comedy with Eric O’Shea. Colleges have entertainment budgets and seek out comedians, bands and other performers to fill their schedule. Could you fill your schedule with college work?
Eric breaks down what you need in terms of material, personality, flexibility and longevity.
If you are curious what it takes to break into the college comedy scene this is a great listen! Our guest shares insight on the National Association For Activities . He reveals what it takes to connect with 18-21 year olds year after year. Even as you get into your 50’s. In this episode “College comedy with Eric O’Shea ” he also discuss the magic that can happen at a NACA regional conference.
And if you want to learn more about the college market, be sure to listen to Episode 149 Summit Comedy Inc. . On that episode I discuss the college market from the perspective a college agent with Chuck Johnson.
College Comedy with Eric O’Shea Show Notes
We discuss a lot, including …
- How a guy calling Bingo numbers inspired his comedy career
- His niche within the niche of the college market
- Embracing the need to be clean and respectful and still generate laughs
- Connecting with a younger audience
- The types of kids who typically show up at a college gig
- A gig we did together in Victoria British Columbia
- What he likes about Savannah, GA and Billings, MT
- Being a positive role model
- Writing a book about college comedy
and a whole lot more!
Thanks to Wayne Fitzpatrick, our Patreon sponsor for this episode. If you would like to supportive podcast through a small, recurring monthly donation check out THIS LINK.
CLASSES AVAILABLE ONLINE
Remember you can always jump into a stand-up comedy writing course online through the school of laughs. Just click the online comedy classes link to learn more.