Today’s episode is in response to the extreme number of cancellations of events due to the COVID-19 Corona Virus Outbreak. We will approach it from three angles. First, let’s take a brief moment and acknowledge how lucky we are to be performers in the first place. Second, let’s remember the others affected in our industry. And third, how can you add language to your contract to affect cancellations in the future.
We will cover a lot in the episode, including:
- Expressing your views and opinions freely and getting paid for it
- Uniting people in tough times
- Accepting or declining work as you see fit
- Being rewarded and compensated for your hustle and drive
- Creating work anywhere, anytime
- Rik’s last few gigs and how he tried to lighten the mood
- Traveling through two of the busiest airports during the outbreak
- Shout out to Cruise Ship performers including Kristin Key
- Gilda’s LaughFest cancellations and fast thinking ideas
- Covid-19 Federal Aid Package for Events Industry
- Having a contract
- Requesting deposits
- Adjusting your cancellation policies
Link not working? Try CLICKING HERE.
And a whole lot more!
If you are already a PATREON supporter at ANY level, you can log into the Patreon news feed and grab both a simple CONTRACT template, as well as update language for your cancellation policies.
If you would like to receive a .pdf describing the cancellation policies so you can add it to your contract and you are not already a member of the free INSIDER TIP SHEET newsletter list, you can request joining by sending an email to SchoolOflaughs@gmail.com . Please put “Cancellation Policy” in the subject heading. I will add you to the newsletter list and you will be able to grab the .pdf from the newsletter. Let me know where you are based, how long you’ve been performing and what level you are at in the game. And if you can, let me know how you found out about the podcast. It will help me design new episodes.
Special thanks to Patreon Sponsor RAY PRICE who has been with us since the very beginning.
And, if you enjoyed the TRUMP bumpers in the episode go follow @EdWiley on TWITTER or visit EdWileyComedy.com