Dan Whitehurst talks about going from cop to comedy. Dan is a friend of mine from nearly the first few weeks I moved to Nashville in 1999. I knew al little about his backstory, but have always wanted to learn more about the man behind that impressive beard.
DAN WHITEHURST Show Notes
We talk about a variety of things including:
- Past jobs as prison guard, detective and national guard
- Learning to tell stories and how he hones them
- Trying to do comedy during a basketball game
- An odd show at the Loft in Georgia with Keith Alberstadt
- The trade off of fun and money in the feature spot
- The hustle behind performing in Branson
- A shout out to Joey I.L.O.
- Why he moved out to the country … and then back
- How the Nashville comedy scene has changed
- Working cleaner
And a whole lot more!
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT DAN WHITEHURST
Watch his clip on why he left the police force from Huckabee on TBN: https://youtu.be/WzU4Vz7S-aU
This episode is brought to you by John McCormack and CLUB 52.
Club 52 is a one-year program designed to challenge you to get bigger, better and more bookable. You will be prompted to examine your material, performance and business practices via email each week.
You will define your stage persona, style and point of view. You will learn how to create expectations through your marketing, branding and introductions. From nailing your elevator pitch, to refining your value proposition, you will learn how to make it easier for bookers to hire you.
Meet comics from around the country during a quarterly online “hangout”. As a group, we tackle our top struggles and how to approach overcoming them. Think of it as your personal monthly mastermind group. Over the course of the year you will learn how to get more gigs, and leverage every opportunity that comes your way.
Club 52 is available to anyone supporting the podcast through Patreon at $7 a month or more. To learn more about Patreon, just click here. Or go to SchoolOflaughs.com/Patreon