Sign up for our
Podcast and Blog
044 S.T.R.E.T.C.H. PUSH YOURSELF (podcast)
You may feel like you are making huge strides in your comedy career, but are you? Most performers find a comfortable little comedy “safe place” and never wander beyond it. We all know comics who could be SO MUCH BETTER. Maybe, that comic is yourself.
This episode gives more than 23 actionable tips you can implement TODAY to help your comedy show be better!
Through the acronym S.T.R.E.T.C.H. we will discuss:
- Why you shouldn’t wait too long to tell a new joke
- The benefits of telling a joke that is “in progress”
- One activity to sharpen your wit that you’ve never considered
- Ways to grow as a performer (even though it may hurt a little)
- Why dropping three of your best jokes is good
- Finding out your video isn’t as good as you think it is
- How your material and your “look” may be countering each other
- Where to find great new laughs (from the same old joke)
- Speaking in front of groups who aren’t comedians
- Getting feedback from professionals outside of comedy
- Prepping for humor competitions outside of the clubs
- How to buy a comic a cup of coffee in exchange for time
- The main thing to do when picking someone else’s brain
- How listening to conversations and everyday life can lead to jokes
- Why you should make a list of your excuses
- Actions you can take to get on track
- How to avoid a “boombox” approach to your show
- How to get new laughs with the same words
And, believe it or not, a whole lot more!
If you would like a TIP SHEET for this podcast that outlines all of the suggestions, subscribe to the bi-monthly School of Laughs “Insider Tips” email and get exclusive information delivered right to your inbox. It’s fast, free useful and fun.
Email: SchoolOfLaughs@gmail.com and put “insider tip sheet” in the subject header. I’ll make sure you get the official tip sheet and I promise to keep your email anonymous and spam free.
I hope you get a lot out of this episode and immeadiately put one of the suggestions into place to make your comedy bigger, better and more bookable than ever before!