Sign up for our
Podcast and Blog
ANDY BENINGO TALKS FATHERHOOD AND COMEDY [EP. 145]
On this episode I sit down with Andy Beningo from Live at Gotham. Andy started comedy 12 years ago while attending Central Michigan University. The last 10 of those years he has been performing full time. Splitting his time equally between clubs, corporates and churches, Andy is a clean comic who is not afraid to hustle.
ANDY BENINGO SHOW NOTES
We cover a lot of ground in this episode, including:
- Being the only comic at an open mic in college that included poetry among other things
- The funny people in our lives who don’t try comedy
- Winning a funniest person on campus competition
- Opening for MAD tv’s Bobby Lee
- Enduring the grind of driving because you are so juiced up to do comedy
- When Andy Beningo worked as a substitute teacher
- Having comics like Bert Challis, Rob Little, Dwayne Gill take him on the road
- Benefiting from opening for Frank Calliendo
- Calling the Ann Arbor Comedy Showcase his home club
- Performing on cruises and dipping lobster into the chocolate fountain
- Having your kids laugh at your jokes
- His path to getting a spot on Live at Gotham
- Watching out for the “No Talent” Police
And a whole lot more. Find out more about Andy Beningo at any of the links above.
If you love discovering comedy tips like this please consider joining our INSIDER TIP SHEET. Each month you’l’l receive an email with over a dozen links to articles online about stand-up comedy. Also included are blog recaps and articles written by myself or other School Of Laughs friends.
CLUB 52 IS THE ONLY WEEKLY PROGRAM
DESIGNED 100% FOR COMEDIANS!
“Club 52” is a 52 week, email based stand-up program. It will include a weekly challenge designed to help you become a better comedian. This year long program will feature an email every Friday from me. I will ask you to take a serious look at some of your business practices, writing processes, performance techniques, branding, marketing and a whole lot more.
The program starts the week you join and continues for 52 weeks as long as you are still supporting the podcast through Patreon at the $7 a month level.