We listen to Jonnie’s clip about Church Nurseries and wonder …
- Would this joke work as a cold opener?
- Is it okay to drop babies on their head?
- Can the set-up be little shorter?
We listen to Brian’s clip about Critters and wonder …
- Is there a t-shirt idea sitting in the punch line?
- Could the joke concept be a book?
- Where can we take it next?
We listen to my clip about 3D Printers and ponder …
- Do I need to ask the audience a question to set it up?
- Am I putting myself in the audience’s shoes?
- What is the next direction for the joke?
In all, we each learned that our instincts were fairly in tune with our choice of wording and phrasing in the initial joke. We also discovered that sometime pausing and giving the audience a chance to think can lead to a bigger laugh. We welcome your input and ideas as well. Feel free to send any ideas for these jokes to SchoolOfLaughs@gmail.com and I’ll pass it along to the fellas.
DVD PROJECT FOLLOW UP
We also follow up with Jonnie W. about his DVD project. What went right? What went wrong? Where could he have better spent his money? How did the IndieGoGo aspect work out? And much more. Very insightful and honest info that can help you in your next project. To order Jonnie’s DVD of CD, visit www.JonnieW.com.
Brian Bates is also in the final stage of releasing his first CD “Easy Out”. Brain’s site is www.BrianBatesComedy.com.