Sandi Joy Chadwick turned what could have been a major disappointment (loss of her singing voice) into a victory when she switched her focus to comedy. It took a little encouragement from others to take that initial step. Another nudge from a co-worker led to some bigger breaks.
Today Sandi is 20 some odd months into her journey as a full time comedian. We cover a lot of ground, including:
- The differences between singing and stand-up
- Why WalMart worked out for her
- Winning a nationwide talent show
- Appearing at the same event as Tom Cruise
- Connecting and building rapport with the audience
- The importance of networking
- The one thing you can’t outsource as a comedian
- Taking chances during a show
- The benefit of a supportive family
- Going full time and the challenges associated with it
and much, much more!
This episode is brought to you by Patreon sponsor Jeff Roberts. To learn how you can support the podcast, visit www.SchoolOfLaughs.com/Patreon.
Learn more about Sandi Joy Chadwick!
Visit her WEBSITE: SandiJoyComedy.com