Learn how to generate creative comedy with Josh Harris. Josh is a talented, creative stand-up comedian. He expresses his vision through music, video, and sketch comedy. Josh provides a great example of how stand-up can evolve off-stage. His high energy performances are more like a one-man show in quality. With over 10 million views of his hilarious sketches online, he can definitely offer some insight for you.
Ways Josh Creates Material
Today we talk about a variety of ideas, specifically:
- How he got started
- Overcoming addictions
- Jerry Farber
- How he develops ideas
- Taking twenty jokes and creating a song
- Using music at different points in the show
- Cool versus cost-effectiveness
- Critical advice on a cruise ship that helped him improve
- His commitment to writing and recording
- Cleaning up his act on and off stage
- Approaching testimony in a live comedy show
- Being project-based versus daily discipline
- The benefit of writing by pen and paper
- How he produces music
- The value of collaboration
- Teaching comedy classes
- Creating multiple full comedy shows
- Staying faithful always
- Listening to God’s plans
- Difference between Foxworthy and Leno
And much, much, more!
A little background on comedian Josh Harris
Josh was a semi-finalist on Bill Bellamy’s Who’s Got Jokes. In 2009 he competed in the finals of Stand Up for Diversity.
He performed a nationally televised comedy set for Bounce TV’s “Off The Chain”. He has also appeared on TBN, The cartoon network, and the History channel. His 2015 musical comedy album “I’m Here You’re Welcome hit #3 on the iTunes comedy charts.
In 2015 he released his debut musical comedy album “I’m Here You’re Welcome.” It hit #3 on the iTunes comedy charts.
If you are booking a 12 step event, reach out today to set up a hilarious evening of recovery comedy your crowd will remember forever!
Josh gives all the credit to his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, the source of his peace, joy, and many blessings.