Crisp and Clean Comedy Competition Guidelines
This showcase of clean comedy is open to all comedians. Whether you are brand new, full-time, or fooling yourself.
Here’s how it will work.
The clip can be stand-up, sketch, musical comedy – as long as it is clean and clearly understandable.
Send your TV CLEAN audio clip, 60 seconds or less to SchoolofLaughs@gmail.com before May 21st.
In your email make sure you put:
- Your name,
- The name of the joke,
- Where you are based,
- How long you have performed comedy.
I’ll do a quick listen for clarity and audio quality.
All clean clips, with good laughs and quality audio, will appear together in an upcoming episode of the podcast. So, it’s important I have your name and joke name to introduce the comedy clip.
Voting happens in three phases.
- The Crisp and Clean Comedy Competition episode will be posted on the School of Laughs YouTube channel and you can encourage your friends to listen and leave a comment on your behalf. Every comment will go towards your overall tally. This will account for 1/3 of your total vote.
- Each clip will be judged on a scale of 1-10 by at least three judges. Their vote will weigh 1/3 as well.
- And the final 1/3 of the score will be done by the other listeners of the show. I’ll encourage our listeners to vote for their favorite clip from the episode by visiting the School Of Laughs website and clicking their vote in a form.
The 3 overall favorite submissions will get a replay on an upcoming episode as well as a brief interview with the comic behind the joke.
Also, the top 3 will receive:
- A one-hour roundtable coaching call with Rik and the other winners,
- A free Silver Edition Comedy Writing Course,
- And a free one-year subscription to Club 52. Club 52 features a weekly email with comedy challenges as well as a quarterly Zoom hangout.
So, when you have your Crisp and Clean Comedy Competition clip ready:
- send it to SchoolOfLaughs@gmail.com .
- In the subject line put “Crisp and Clean Comedy Clip”.
- Make sure the clip is under 60 seconds
- And in a wave or mp3 file. (I cannot rip audio from your YouTube clip or do the editing for you.)
All entrants will be notified prior to the initial episode that they have made the “cut”. I guarantee I will listen to all the clips but cannot guarantee that they will all make the cut. So, do your best to make it funny, clean, and under a minute.
All of these details are on the SchooOflaughs.com show notes page for this episode.
Good luck and I can’t wait to hear from you.