Have you ever wondered what it takes to produce a movie, write a jingle, or land Bob Dylan’s manager? Well, today you are in luck! I have a pod-swap interview with Rick Altizer. Not only is Rick an incredibly good friend, but we also share an office! Over the years I’ve learned a lot about his character, his dedication to his work, and his incredible focus. I thought you would find his story interesting and inspirational.
Join me as I sit down and talk with Rick Altizer about what he has learned from his years in show business. Specifically, we talk about his run as a film director of such movies as Russ Taff – I Still Believe, and three projects with Chonda Pierce – “Enough”, “Laughing In The Dark” and “Unashamed”.
Film Maker Rick Altizer Show Notes:
- Rick’s early years as a rock-n-roller
- How Bob Dylan’s manager took him on
- Why he didn’t get a deal with Sony
- The healthy lesson of finding your identity
- Finding a business partner to complement his creativity
- His work with Chonda Pierce
- How a plan for a 5-minute demo turned into a documentary
- Learning how to edit a movie
- The burden of expectation
- Looking at disappointments objectively
And a whole lot more!
THANKS TO OUR PATREON SPONSOR:
Thanks to John Smith for being our Patreon sponsor for this episode. You can learn more about supporting the podcast by visiting THIS LINK.
More with Rick Altizer:
And if you like this episode, you may want to check out Rick’s previous visit to the podcast on Episode 119 Stand-Up Comedy Examined.
Visit his website: http://www.rickaltizer.com