If 2020 has taught us anything it is this: “adapt or die.” There just aren’t as many inside gigs as usual. If you want to earn some money you have to get outside your comfort zone. To keep your comedy chops sharp that may include some unconventional settings. This year Brian opened for Nate Bargatze at drive-in theaters. Johnnie W. did a few outdoor shows. I am doing more and more virtual gigs. It’s not going to be the same as a packed comedy club. That’s okay. Those aren’t happening right now.
So we share what is working and what isn’t in this mid-pandemic climate.
DRIVE-INS, PARKING LOTS AND VIRTUAL GIGS SHOW NOTES
In this episode, we discuss:
- The challenges of performing at Drive-Ins
- Gigantic trains
- How timing is affected at a Drive-In Show
- Comedy IS confidence
- Sharing a tour bus during COVID
- Recording a Netflix Special in a pandemic
- Crowds that go “tight”
- Brians “Quarantine Video” Video
- Johnnie W. and the cabbie from Bangladesh
- Creative Virtual Gigs
- Comics who reinvented themselves lockdown
- Using free time for getting healthier
- Staying faithful to God
And much, much, more!
or CLICK HERE
NEED COMEDY COACHING FOM RIK?
Do you want to punch up your act? Comedy coaching is here!
For a limited amount of time, you can schedule a coaching call to work one-on-one with Rik. Develop your material to the best it can be!
Now you can receive:
- Answers to questions about any and all aspects of comedy writing and performing
- Feedback on any comedy video you have posted online
- Personalized instruction centered on improving your weakest points to become a more well-rounded performer
- Real-time joke editing and tweaking
- Frank and direct evaluation of material in a private environment
- Personalized assignments designed to strengthen your point of view
- Time-accountability to help develop more material
- Insight as to why specific jokes aren’t working
- Tips on restructuring your material so each bit shines in the best light
- And much more!
The current comedy coaching rate is $75/hr billed via Venmo, Paypal, or Square.
It is your time, so let’s use it as best as we can for your specific needs! You can opt-out at any time. All consults and material discussed remain private. It is highly recommended you have some experience on stage. Or have taken the Stand-Up Level One: Writing course before registering for the one-on-one comedy coaching sessions. This is for your benefit as there is an amazing amount of info in that class.