Today I catch up with comedian, writer, blogger and illustrator John Branyan. John started comedy in 1990. He just wanted to go to a club and try it and move on. Kind of an early bucket list goal. However, the set went better than expected. With some encouragement he went back again and again. Before he knew it he was part of the local scene in Indianapolis.
We talk about a lot of things, specifically we cover:
- The popularity of the Bob and Tom Show and it’s impact on Indianapolis comedy
- How encouragement fueled the decision to continue comedy
- Why he chose to stay local early on in his developing career
- The types of shows that pay you in pasta dinners
- His popular take on the “Three Little Pigs“
- How it developed into a book
- How he became an illustrator
- How his dad could fly a kite with a fishing pole
- and much, much more!
John Branyan will be back in a future episode where we brainstorm a coupe of comedy ideas and then take them to the stage.