OVERCOMING STAGE FRIGHT
Today we make a call all the way to Scotland to talk about overcoming stage fright. Elissa Di Napoli is the best-selling author of “Dare to Be Seen” from Stage Fright to Stage Presence. She helps performing artists command the stage and magnify their presence. By doing so, they can share their gifts with their audience and shine their light on the world. She has been featured on radio, podcasts, blogs, and online magazines. As a musician and performer, she has insights on overcoming fright.
There are so many things to consider when taking the stage. We should consider a few ways to prepare before we get under the spotlight. As a hypnotherapist, she found ways to address the fear and saw results. She is as passionate about helping you deal with stage fright as she is performing.
Specifically, we talk about:
- What “didn’t work” for her initially
- How Improvisation helps with stage fright
- How to “warm-up” before a performance to take control of the situation
- Being connected to your subject matter
- The role of the Amygdala in processing fear
- What is happening during a panic attack
- The role of pre-show aerobic exercise
- How to ground yourself like a tree
- How diaphragmatic breathing affects the nervous system
- The freedom of a “giving” mindset
- How to address a show where the other performers have created a bad situation
- Using disruption as an opportunity
- Focusing on being in the moment
And much, much more!
FREE RESOURCES FOR SCHOOL OF LAUGHS LISTENERS!!!
Please take advantage of these offerings from Elissa!
https://hypnotichealing.co.uk/schooloflaughs (FREE BOOK)
https://hypnotichealing.co.uk/getonlinecourse (HER COURSE)
This podcast is a production of the Rik Roberts School of Laughs. (C)(P) 2020 All rights reserved. Learn more at www.SchoolofLauhgs.com.