This is the follow-up podcat to episode 235 where I shared my process of preparing for my last recording. You can listen to that podcast HERE.
In this episode, I review the live recording. Offering up insights into my thinking for choosing certain jokes, we talk about what went well and what could have been different. We start off by listening to the set. If you prefer, you can watch the set here: https://vimeo.com/518305058
We cover a lot in this episode, including:
Leading up to show
- My “purpose” for the set
- The jokes I chose to set up my P.O.V. (Point of View)
- Having to abandon a call back because of a change in a set order
- Using the process of conditional logic to create material
- Using a technique that enables me to “pick on” someone
- Examples of rhymes, alliteration, and visual images
- Being extremely current
- Experimenting the day of the recording
And much more.
You may have a different process for getting ready. Feel free to comment below and help others. This is the first of two parts of the podcast. Episode 236 will include the recording of the set and my reactions to it. You can listen to it by clicking here.
Thanks to Kevin Hardy for being our Patreon sponsor for this episode. You can learn more about supporting the podcast by visiting THIS LINK.