Have you ever wondered what goes through a comedian’s mind when they tell a joke that doesn’t work? Whether you’re an aspiring comedian or a hardcore comedy nerd, The Art of Bombing Podcast has something for everyone. From useful comedy insight to entertaining stories of bombing and failure told by the comedians that lived through them.
Join Rik Roberts as he sits down and talks with comedian Dan Bublitz Jr about what he has learned from his interviews. After talking with comedians of all levels from across the country he has some great insights.
If the podcast player doesn’t work CLICK HERE
Art of Bombing with Dan Bublitz Show Notes:
- Different comedy communities from South Dakota to St. Paul, MN
- What it’s like being new to a comedy scene even though you aren’t new to comedy
- Moving to the Midwest to be closer to road work
- Rick Bronson’s House of Comedy https://moa.houseofcomedy.net
- Acme Comedy Company http://www.acmecomedycompany.com
- The Joke Joint (no website at this time)
- Working out material at other rooms before the comedy club open mic
- Approaching political comedy topics as a neutral POV
- Christopher Titus
And a whole lot more!
THANKS TO OUR PATREON SPONSOR:
Thanks to Josh Liston for being our Patreon sponsor for this episode. You can learn more about supporting the podcast by visiting THIS LINK.
More about Dan Bublitz:
And if you like this episode, you may want to check out Dan’s “The Art of Bombing Podcast” which takes an in-depth look at bombing on stages around the world to turn failure into success, perhaps, with a laugh or two along the way.
Check out this episode with Alonzo Boden: https://theartofbombing.libsyn.com/size/5/?search=alonzo+
Or this one with Andrew Deans: https://theartofbombing.libsyn.com/the-art-of-bombing-episode-50-andrew-deans
Maybe listen to my first episode with Dan: https://theartofbombing.libsyn.com/the-art-of-bombing-episode-59-rik-roberts
Or my most recent episode with Dan: https://share.transistor.fm/s/7a4bfd68
The Art of Bombing Podcast was created in 2017 by Dan Bublitz Jr. after he bombed so badly at a private gig that he almost quit comedy. Instead of quitting he decided to talk about failure with other performers to see how they use their failure to succeed.
(C)(P) 2021 The Rik Roberts School of Laughs