PODCAST TIPS FROM DAVID HOOPER
David Hooper has released “BIG PODCAST – Grow Your Podcast Audience, Build Listener Loyalty & Get Everybody Talking About Your Show”. This book has changed the way I think about doing interviews and producing my show. If you are considering releasing a podcast, you are going to love this interview!
We cover a lot of ground, specifically:
- Determining WHY you want to do a show
- Landing on a s STYLE and PERSONALITY for your podcast
- Advantages of a podcast over stage show
- The influence of reviews on potential listeners
- Frequency of release
- Value of consistency
- Understanding you need to have a point
- Using an outline – or not?
- Discovering your audience
- Sharing your philosophy and opinions
- A simple format for putting together an episode
- Equipment set up and choices
- How to make the files sound good and get smaller
- Where to host your podcast
And much, much more!
Link not working? Try HERE instead.
LEARN MORE ABOUT DAVID HOOPER
Want to buy Dave’s book? Purchase BIG PODCAST on AMAZON today!
Get the QUICK START PODCAST GUIDE FOR FREE AT bigpodcast.com
David Hooper has also appeared on MARKETING, A MUSIC BUSINESS TAKE where we cover how to use examples fro the music industry to apply to your comedy career.
This episode is brought to you by Patreon supporter JEREMY LEE and CLUB 52.
Club 52 is a one-year program designed to challenge you to get bigger, better and more bookable. You will be prompted to examine your material, performance and business practices via email each week.
You will define your stage persona, style and point of view. You will learn how to create expectations through your marketing, branding and introductions. From nailing your elevator pitch, to refining your value proposition, you will learn how to make it easier for bookers to hire you.
Meet comics from around the country during a quarterly online “hangout”. As a group, we tackle our top struggles and how to approach overcoming them. Think of it as your personal monthly mastermind group. Over the course of the year you will learn how to get more gigs, and leverage every opportunity that comes your way.
Club 52 is available to anyone supporting the podcast through Patreon at $7 a month or more. To learn more about Patreon, just click here. Or go to SchoolOflaughs.com/Patreon