Tammy Pescatelli joins me today to talk all things comedy. I met Tammy Pescatelli way, way back in 1994 when I was working at the Davenport Funny Bone and she was co host of a morning show there. Since then, Tammy has gone on to many great things including multiple appearances on the Tonight Show, Last Comic Standing, her own Netflix special and such more. Today we catch up on the process of getting from one goal to another.
This episode is brought to you by Patreon sponsor Victoria Day.
Tammy Pescatelli Show Notes
We do cover a lot as we catch up on over 23 years of show business. Tammy Pescatelli and I talk about:
- How she got from Ohio to Iowa
- Her early time in Davenport working radio
- Going up on stage her first time as a result of a bet
- Splitting the cost on an “Industry Guide”
- Dubbing VHS demo tapes and mailing them to bookers
- Meeting Mitzi Shore at the Comedy Store
- Her first Tonight Show appearance in 2003
- Her Last Comic Standing stint in 2004 going up against Gary Gullman, Alonzo Bolden, Todd Glass, Kathleen Madigan, Bonnie McFarlane, Corey Holcomb, Jon Heffron, Ant, Jay London and others
- Submitting stand-up material to Standards and Practices
- Moving to Pennsylvania to raise her son
- Preparing and recording her Netflix special “FINDING THE FUNNY“
- Building a market in different cities
- Visiting UNCLAIMED BAGGAGE in Scottsboro, AL
Check out a clip from a stand-up special: https://youtu.be/mmaGg-B_dZ8
If you love discovering comedy tips like this please consider joining our INSIDER TIP SHEET. Each month you’ll receive an email with over a dozen links to articles online about stand-up comedy. Also included are blog recaps and articles written by myself or other School Of Laughs friends. Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “INSIDER TIP SHEET” in the heading and you’ll join over 1000 comedians who stay in the loop with top comedy tips and news!
CLUB 52 IS THE ONLY WEEKLY PROGRAM
DESIGNED 100% FOR COMEDIANS!
“Club 52” is a 52 week, email based stand-up program. It will include a weekly challenge designed to help you become a better comedian. This year long program will feature an email every Friday from me. I will ask you to take a serious look at some of your business practices, writing processes, performance techniques, branding, marketing and a whole lot more.
The program starts the week you join and continues for 52 weeks as long as you are still supporting the podcast through Patreon at the $7 a month level.