Sign up for our
Podcast and Blog
083 LETS BREAK THE COMEDY RECORD – AGAIN!
Would you like to be part of a record setting group of comedians? Did you miss your chance last year? Now is the time to make plans for being part of the “greatest, dumbest thing” Chad Riden and D. J. Buckley have ever done – AGAIN.
That’s right last year the “Broken Record Comedy Show” shattered the previous record for the LONGEST STAND-UP COMEDY SHOW – MULTIPLE COMEDIANS” at The East Room in Nashville, TN. The non-stop 184 hour, 16 minute long standup comedy show that more than doubled the previous record set by a group of comedians at the Laugh Factory in Los Angeles, CA.
The show featured about 100 comedians, including surprise celebrity guest sets from Hannibal Buress, Eric Andre, Rory Scovel, Nate Bargatze, Luis J. Gomez, Keith Alberstadt, Jon Reep, Ahmed Ahmed and more.
Beginning at 11:59am on Sunday, May 15th, 2016, Nashville StandUp will attempt to break it’s own COMEDY RECORD … by five minutes.
The non-stop 8+ day schedule will feature showcases, feature-length, and headliner-length sets, and will include surprise drop-ins from comedians of various levels of fame and fortune. The brainchild of Nashville-based comic DJ Buckley, this record-breaking show is being co-produced by Nashville-based comedian Chad Riden and The East Room’s Ben Jones.
Listen in as we discuss …
- valuable lessons learned from the first attempt
- where to stack a few extra comics in case you need someone on stage at 3 a.m.
- why the support of local comics made all the difference
- how the show almost fell apart – more than once
- how much the event costs to put on
- what requirements you need in order to take part this year
- how to submit your name for participation
- a special code you can use to waive the $10 entry fee
- how you can support the event even if you can’t attend / perform
and much, much more.
Also in this episode, Chad and I answer two listener questions.
1) Should you adjust your set list depending on where you go in the line up?
2) Do you have any tips for memorizing your set? Check out these two posts for extra tips on this question:
JOIN US – BE A PART OF HISTORY … AGAIN!
If creating better material and more jokes before the record breaking show is on your “to do” list, please consider enrolling in the ONLINE COMEDY WRITING CLASS (coupon below).
Subscribe to the bi-monthly School of Laughs “Insider Tips” email and get exclusive information delivered right to your inbox. It’s fast, free useful and fun.
Email: SchoolOfLaughs@gmail.com and put “insider tip sheet” in the subject header. I’ll make sure you get the official tip sheet and I promise to keep your email anonymous and spam free.
Follow @SCHOOLOFLAUGHS on Twitter