Want to hear how a first full year as a professional stand-up comedian unfolds? This is the podcast for you! Brian Bates visits to share what he learned. Brian, a former School Of Laughs student, left his full time job at a TV station where he worked for 20 years to pursue his dream. Among other things, I asked BRIAN BATES:
- What were your goals beginning the year?
- How will you change those in year #2?
- How many nights did you get on stage?
- How many weeks at comedy clubs did you book?
- How many corporate or special events did you book?
- What gigs came as a surprise this year?
- What gigs did you think you would get that you didn’t?
- Why are some gigs more difficult to book?
- Approximately how far out were the gigs booked? Short notice (2-6 weeks) or longer?
- How important was the networking aspect in getting booked, making connections?
- How much material do you think you generated this year?
- What other experiences in 2015 helped you become a better comedian?
- Where do you think you need to spend the most time to improve in the new year?
And much, much more. If you need help in targeting your goals, send us and email to email@example.com and request the GOALS TRACKER tip sheet. And ask to be subscribed to the Insider Tip Sheet Newsletter. You may also enjoy the first interview with Brian before he went full time.
Have a safe and Happy New Year everyone!