Ever wonder how to get paid work at a comedy club? Before you burn your first impression, here are a few questions you should ask yourself. It’s far better to be over prepared than barely there.
Listen and then answer these questions honestly:
1) Is there a market for my comedy?
2) How many minutes of polished, solid material do I have?
3) Am I funnier and more professional than comics who are working in the venues where I want to perform?
We also answer these two listener questions:
1) Should comics laugh at their own jokes?
2) How much time do you get on stage when you first start?
Next week, in part two, you’ll learn the most common process for how to get booked at a comedy club.
This podcast is a production of www.SchoolOfLaughs.com
Better yet, Email: SchoolOfLaughs@gmail.com and put “insider tip sheet” in the subject header.