Brooklyn Dicent talks about her dual careers as a professional leadership trainer and … Comedienne. We cover a lot of ground and dig into social media this week again. Late in the interview we cover a topic that we’ve yet to dig into: VIDEO TESTIMONIALS. If nothing else, dig into this portion.
We also talk about:
- Growing up as a preacher’s kid
- Getting a challenge from her father at 12 to speak in front of the church
- Knowing at a young age that comedy was in her future
- Being inspired by Les Brown, Zig Ziglar, and Tony Robbins
- Walking into her first comedy club in 2004 in Portland, ME
- Taking an 8 week stand-up class
- Studying comics on Comedy Central
- Getting the audience on your side
- Improvising and weaving in stories to customize her performances
- Keeping the focus “about the audience” instead of on ourselves
- Being self-motivated to accomplish bucket list goals
- Knowing the purpose for each social media outlet
- Using Facebook Live to INTENTIONALLY connect with your followers
- Show “backstage” type inside looks with social media
- Telling stories that evolve into your brand message
- Making sure to have a Call to Action in every post
- Interjecting yourself into conversations to gain followers
- Using all social to SHOWCASE YOUR TALENTS
- The power of VIDEO TESTIMONIALS
“Club 52” is a 52 week, email based stand-up program. It will include a weekly challenge designed to help you become a better comedian. This year long program will feature an email every Friday from me. I will ask you to take a serious look at some of your business practices, writing processes, performance techniques, branding, marketing and a whole lot more.
The program starts the week you join and continues for 52 weeks as long as you are still supporting the podcast through Patreon at the $7 a month level.