Today is an “after school special” where I talk with a handful of students and tackle the biggest comedy questions on their minds!
QUESTIONS & TOPICS INCLUDE
- What do you do when you bomb?
- Finding comedians to hang with.
- It’s just an experiment every single time.
- Expect there to be silence.
- Beginning comedy with an already stable lifestyle.
- Is it absolutely necessary to go all in with no safety net?
- There’s no shortcut around growing through stage time.
- Finding parts in your world that are the least stable to help you create comedy.
- Riches are in the niches.
- Comedian Eddie B. (teaching niche)
- Balance between you and your spouse.
- Occasionally your comedy career has to go way off balance.
- Best way to guarantee stage time is starting your own open mic.
- Professional Speaker Mark Klein.
And a whole lot more comedy questions are answered on this episode.
Link not working? Try HERE instead.
This episode is brought to you by Patreon supporter JUDY BARBE and CLUB 52.
Club 52 is a one-year program designed to challenge you to get bigger, better and more bookable. You will be prompted to examine your material, performance and business practices via email each week.
You will define your stage persona, style and point of view. You will learn how to create expectations through your marketing, branding and introductions. From nailing your elevator pitch, to refining your value proposition, you will learn how to make it easier for bookers to hire you.
Meet comics from around the country during a quarterly online “hangout”. As a group, we tackle our top struggles and how to approach overcoming them. Think of it as your personal monthly mastermind group. Over the course of the year you will learn how to get more gigs, and leverage every opportunity that comes your way.