Taylor Mason is a juggernaut of comedic activity. His shows are accessible to EVERYONE. He connects in a sly and subtle way with his audiences that have them coming back time and time again. I first worked with Taylor at Zanies in Vernon Hills, IL and most recently shared the stage with him on the Stand Up For Families special hosted by Chonda Pierce on the DOVE CHANNEL.
We cover a lot of ground in this episode. Specifically Taylor Mason and I talk about …
- Moonlighting as a student at Northwestern University’s Medill School of Advertising
- Slogging it out as a Piano man for tips
- The influence professor Don Schultz had on his writing
- Becoming the musical director at Second City
- Opening for (and getting scolded by) Warren Zevon
- Getting started at Zanies on Wells Street, Chicago
- Doing a thesis paper on comedy clubs for school
- How he survived a gig for the Coal industry
- His flashy performance at De Ja Vu Comedy Club in Columbia, MO
- His process and how he writes comedy
and a whole lot more!
If you want to learn more about Taylor simply go to TaylorMason.com or follow him on TWITTER .
“Club 52” is a 52 week, email based stand-up program. It will include a weekly challenge designed to help you become a better comedian. This year long program will feature an email every Friday from me. I will ask you to take a serious look at some of your business practices, writing processes, performance techniques, branding, marketing and a whole lot more.
The program starts the week you join and continues for 52 weeks as long as you are still supporting the podcast through Patreon at the $7 a month level.
Questions? Email me (Rik) at SchoolOfLaughs@gmail.com. Or call 1-888-895-8549. Or. if you are ready, head on over to www.Patreon.com/SchoolOfLaughs to get started.