Having worked as a keynote speaker and professional Master of Ceremonies nearly ten years, Thom Singer has become an advocate for creating strong experiences for conference attendees. Because of his versatility, he is in high demand.
Thom has authored twelve books on the power of business relationships, sales, networking, presentation skills and entrepreneurship. He regularly speaks to corporate, law firm and convention audiences. Thom earned the prestigious Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) designation in 2014. And because this award is given to so few speakers, he is heavily sought-after.
THOM SINGER SHOW NOTES
- Director of Marketing for a big law firm.
- Recalling 1983 going and seeing a then not famous Paula Poundstone.
- Was in the top 18 people in the world in the Toastmasters International speech contest.
- Thom’s growing topic is called the “paradox of potential.”
- Comedy is a great metaphor for business.
- Faster now noticing cues from the audience.
- A lot of meeting planners are scared of comedians.
- After a life of admiring stand up comedians, he recently started performing in open mic nights and comedy shows.
And a whole lot more!
Link not working? Try HERE instead.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THOM SINGER
FOLLOW ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/ThomSingerSpeaker
WATCH ON YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/user/thomsinger
VIEW ON INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/thomsinger/
And if you enjoyed this conversation, you might dig my episode of Thom’s Podcast “Cool Things Entrepreneurs Do”. Click the Image to listen!
This episode is brought to you by Patreon supporter John McCormack (online class & live class) and CLUB 52.
Club 52 is a one-year program designed to challenge you to get bigger, better and more bookable. You will be prompted to examine your material, performance and business practices via email each week.
You will define your stage persona, style and point of view. You will learn how to create expectations through your marketing, branding and introductions. From nailing your elevator pitch, to refining your value proposition, you will learn how to make it easier for bookers to hire you.
Meet comics from around the country during a quarterly online “hangout”. As a group, we tackle our top struggles and how to approach overcoming them. Think of it as your personal monthly mastermind group. Over the course of the year you will learn how to get more gigs, and leverage every opportunity that comes your way.